The Gospel & Ethnicity
- God’s Word and the gospel affirm the value and dignity of all people
- The gospel places all Christ-followers into a new family
Respond to the questions below. Consider sharing your answers with a growth partner. If you’re completing the program solo, write your responses in a journal.
- What is one thing that stood out from the video?
- What are the implications of being made in the image of God?
- How is ethnicity a part of understanding the gospel?
- How does the gospel bring the healing we need in a world that’s full of division?
- How can you work toward justice?
- How can you address sins of partiality, racism and supremacy?
- How can you grow in seeing and understanding ethnicity and culture in the Scriptures?
Below is an additional resource that can help you respond to some questions around understanding the intersection of the gospel and race.
Racism: What Thoughts or Feelings Come to Mind? – a web article series
Respond to the questions below. As before, consider sharing your answers with a growth partner. If you’re completing the program solo, write your responses in a journal.
- What did you learn from the supplemental resource?
- How does your ethnicity uniquely position you for evangelism within God’s kingdom?
What is the Gospel? is the first journey of the Equipped Disciples Curriculum from Athletes in Action. Learn about the whole five collection series and how the parts fit together.