Athlete, Here is Hope for Mind Struggles
1 Corinthians 2:16 (ESV)
"For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
Your spiritual journey is often times disrupted, derailed and delayed by the enemy of your soul; and your mind is where many of these bloody battles take place.
What you think matters, and what you put into your mind determines what comes out — your attitudes and actions.
Athlete, which one of these best describes the state of your mind?
The Hardened Mind
* Their minds are full of darkness (Ephesians 4:17)
* They have closed their minds and hardened their hearts (Ephesians 4:18)
* The mind of sinful man is death … hostile to God … it does not submit to God’s law (Romans 8:6,7)
The Redeemed Mind
* If any man is in Christ he is a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17)
* Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him (Proverbs 3:5)
* Be transformed by the renewing of your minds (Romans 12:2)
The Disciplined Mind
* Take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5)
* If anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things (Philippians 4:8)
* Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things (Colossians 3:2)
The Holy Mind
* You may share his divine nature (2 Peter 1:4).
* But we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).
* Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20).
Maybe your mind is hardened toward God, or you never fully surrendered to the lordship of Christ. It could be you’re struggling against the pull of this world, believing lies rather than the truth.
Whatever your struggle, there is hope!
Christian, learn to use your divine weapons, take rogue thoughts captive, set your mind on things above and renew your mind daily through God’s Word.
These spiritual disciplines will help move you from a hardened mind to a holy mind.
What’s in it for you: peace, wholeness, mental health, stability, fruitfulness, truth, power, fearlessness, courage, love, wisdom, Christlikeness!