Athlete, Elevate Your Thoughts
Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
You learned yesterday that you should take captive any thought that doesn’t belong in your redeemed mind. But what should you fill your minds with?
Christian, your redeemed mind is designed by God to be filled up with truth, honor, justice, purity loveliness, righteousness and all things commendable, excellent and praiseworthy.
That is a worthy list to aspire to. But how do you intentionally dwell on these things?
Athlete, just as you train and discipline your bodies — you must train and discipline your minds too!
Here are a few of my favorite training tips:
* If any of you lacks wisdom let him ask of God (James 1:5)
* Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things (Colossians 3:2)
* Therefore prepare your minds for action … be holy in all you do (1 Peter 1:13-15)
* Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him (Proverbs 3:5,6)
* My children are walking in truth (3 John 1:4)
Make conscious choices to ask, set, prepare, acknowledge and walk with the Holy Spirit, then inspiration and power will give your mind the necessary training and discipline to dwell more intently on things above.
Christian, be intentional and proactive to train your mind so that unhealthy, unbecoming and unwanted thoughts no longer occupy your mind and paralyze your faith.
Elevate your thinking!