3-5 ““For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God ...”
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (NIV)
Have you ever been in an athletic contest in which your team was better than the other team? Your team was bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled than your opponent. A game so lopsided that the outcome was never in doubt -- VICTORY!
Christian, this is your spiritual reality!
Scripture says that you’ve been given spiritual weapons that are bigger, faster and stronger than those of your opponent -- Satan. In fact, your weapons have divine power.
Let that soak in for a minute.
Here are some examples of your God-given, divine weapons:
- The Holy Spirit -- “The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace” (Romans 8:6 NIV)
- Prayer -- “For everyone who asks receives” (Matthew 7:8)
- Love -- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins” (1 Peter 4:8)
- The Name of Jesus -- “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name” (Luke 10:17)
- Fruit of the Spirit -- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law” (Galatians 5:22,23)
- Truth -- “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32)
- God’s Word -- “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says” (James 1:22)
These weapons are used in your daily battle to demolish any idea, argument or thought that tries to overthrow God’s truth.
Satan is relentless in attacking truth! He is the father of lies, and he continually shoots destructive darts of hatred, fear and unbelief aimed at the minds of believers.
Christian, you are equipped to be victorious over Satan! Pick up your divine weapons and CHARGE!