15 "I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me."
Romans 30:15 (NIV)
Locker rooms are where the interior of a team is built and developed. Locker rooms are where goals are defined and measured, and the struggle comes out.
When you enter a locker room, into the presence of a group or team, what do you bring? Scripture here points to five wonderful things in this simple verse:
- URGENCY - Urge other men. Don't let them drift. Don't leave them alone...on an inactive roster. Charge and connect. It's God's game plan. Have an urgency to include others.
- MOTIVATION - Jesus drives men to great attitude and action like no other. Let Him drive you. Be confident this will infect others too. Make Him your first motivation, first audience. Let all other motivations flow from there. Audience of One. Point men here.
- PASSION - Learn to love the Spirit of God. Be passionate for Him. Let His passions become yours. Let His love infuse you. Let Him define and stir up all the proper passions in you. Buddy up with Him through life, for life.
- GOOD RECRUITING - Invite others into your foxhole, your struggle. And freely join other men's foxholes too. There's power for the journey and greater joy in the journey when men are joined in the journey.
- GODWARD EXPRESSION - Invite another man's prayers. Pray for him too. Pray together, man on man. Give great expression to this. Perhaps the greatest way we can join in manly struggle is to take each other to the Throne of God in prayer.
Athlete, what are you bringing to the locker room today?