We’re excited that you’re interested in joining the staff of Athletes in Action! Here’s a detailed overview of the application process. It will save you time if read this entire page BEFORE you begin your application.
1. First, read the additional application information that is specific to your potential employment category: full-time, intern, STINT or part-time. Note that part-time applicants must first submit the pre-application questionnaire before completing an application (see the part-time applicant page for more information).
2. Make sure you know your application deadline and what that deadline includes (references, etc.) BEFORE starting an online application. Deadlines are listed in the additional information sheets for your employment category.
3. Download the online application instruction sheet. Follow the instructions closely to avoid difficulties.
4. Find out what references you will need:
· Full-time or STINT applicants: A total of six references are needed (from a spiritual leader, pastor, Cru/AIA staff member, employer or business associate and two peers).
· Intern or Part-time applicants: A total of three references are needed (from a spiritual leader, Cru/AIA Staff Member and a peer).
· Current Interns and STINTers applying to full-time staff: A total of three references are needed (from a spiritual leader, Cru/AIA staff member and a peer from your staff team).
Do not use any family members as references. If you do not personally know a Cru/AIA staff member, you may substitute that reference with an additional spiritual leader reference. After you submit your application, a questionnaire will be emailed to each of your references. They will need to complete and return the questionnaire.
Please note: According to Cru policy, non-U.S. citizens applying for employment (regardless of employment category) must do so within their own country. If this applies to you, we ask that you contact the Cru or AIA national office within your country for more information.
If you’re applying to work in East Asia go here.
It’s important that you complete the following steps by the application deadline. We want to be sure that there is sufficient time to evaluate your application and give you a decision before your training registration deadline.
Expect the application process to take a minimum of two months from the time we receive your completed application until you receive your final decision. Therefore, you should plan to apply at least three months prior to your desired training dates. An application is considered complete when your online application is completed, your elaboration form is completed and uploaded to your application and all of your references and application fee are submitted.
If you have any questions, please email us.